Administering Child Care Agreements In Voluntary Out-Of-Home Care

Accommodation of children with parents, adoptive parents or in home care facilities is referred to as “out-of-home care facilities.” Among the types of mediation: these guidelines are intended to report and investigate cases of child abuse and neglect, to carry out assessments, to cooperate with the courts and legal systems, to manage income. If I decide to place my child in voluntary housing, who decides to take care of my child – me or the care center? You never have to care for your child, and you should always try to talk to a lawyer before making the decision to place your child. Don`t be afraid to tell ACS you want to talk to a lawyer. The consequences of housing your child in care institutions are very serious and you need to know what he or she is. A parent of the child, the child or any other person whose interests are affected by a Department of Health-Human Services decision regarding a child custody agreement may request a review of this decision. The agent may tell you that the ACS will bring you to justice if you do not agree to put your child in charge. Even if you are told, you should not feel compelled to sign this agreement; You should only sign it if you really think it`s the best thing for your child to do. If you agree to place one of your children in dependent institutions, that does not mean that you will have to house all your children. Every child has a different situation. Even if you agree in writing to place your child in care as long as your child remains in care for more than 30 days, there will be a legal process for accommodation. This is called the “358-a” hearing, named after the part of the Social Services Act that requires these hearings. You will receive court documents (a “petition”) that will give you a date when your case will be tried. The petition must contain a message that if your child remains in care for 15 months, the Agency may be legally required to file a petition to end your parental rights.

The purpose of a 358 hearing is for the judge to know whether you understand the voluntary placement agreement you signed and whether you signed it voluntarily. It is very important that you go to the hearing. Organizations that offer or organize voluntary a-home assistance must be registered by the Office of Child Protection before organizing or attending assistance. Child protection and the guidelines for home care listed below govern the delivery of these services and provide essential guidance to our employees. Aboriginal kinship services, in which aboriginal family, community and culture are seen as a central element of child safety, stability and development, operate in each state department. Services: The Agency must provide you with services (called “preventive services”) to help you deal with the control area (unless a judge decides that the Agency no longer has to try to help you). You are entitled to preventive benefits if you need them, whether your child is in mediation or not. ACS should always provide preventive services before your child is placed to try to avoid placement. If you want your children to be referred to you (even if they are in the contract before a date or event), you should send or give a letter to your manager or supervisor asking for your children`s return.

If you send the letter by email, talk to your manager or supervisor. Make sure you keep a copy for yourself. This is called a “requirement” for the return of your children. The Agency has 20 days to respond; If the Agency does not believe that your children should go home at that time, ACS can go to court and launch a negligence petition against you in an attempt to prevent your children from returning.